Followers

Wednesday 24 March 2010

WOYWW - a sewing machine?

Yes first thing this morning (6.10am) there was a sewing machine on my table as I had to sew in a patch on my jeans last night. I've had this sewing machine for about 8 years now and used it about 3 times....terrible ain't I? I only bought it back then because I had to make my eldest daughter an angel outfit for a nativity play. Can you guess I don't sew by hand - only because they cramp up if I do which is a pain as I quite like cross stitch but it'd take me about a month to do a bit the size of a small bookmark.
Anyway onto my mess this week. There is a fair bit of mess to the right of the machine as I had to clear a space for the beast, oh and I was asked what the tall grey thing was last week. That is my OTT-LITE daylight foldaway lamp. You can't beat them for crafting in the evenings.

Oh and just to prove I do actually know how to use my sewing machine, here's a piccy of the patch all sewn on and doing what it's meant to do on my leg (yayyyy it hasn't broken yet lol).

Okay I'm now off to have a bit of a nosy around everyone elses workspaces now. So if you want to join in the fun,pop over here to the Stamping Ground and have a peek.
Take care all
Sam x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sam
    Oh wow bit of a mess this week love it show it how it is, cant beat it, looks like a great sewing machine you should use it more, hear speaks a person that has used hers 5 times thereabouts in 7 years. haha
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great patch ... I would n't have a clue where to start :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great patching gal! Love the push back technique used to accomodate the machine; just what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice and messy - much fun to nose around...now I know what that grey thinge is - the mistery is a lamp! You should use the machine more often!
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great patch there and loads to look at on your desk.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh lots of nice mess there hun,love the sewing machine great patch too hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed that you managed to find space for the sewing machine because there seems to be so much great stuff on your desk. Makes me want to dig about

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that patch - def use that machine more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you spoil me....a sewing machine. Thank you for sharing it. :-)
    Sewing tip....when patching jeans iron the patch on using bond a web before stitching it in place. It will last longer :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would just go and buy a new pair of jeans.... or find an iron on patch (except that would mean getting the iron out.... yuck!)
    Lovely messy desk, great assortment of pens. What are you going to do with those big pillar candles?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great patch sam, but where's your workspace?! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great desk this week Sam lol love it
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah well, you're talking to a person who doesn't even have a sewing machine!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very impressed by the patch lol and your desk is ....well used ...full of creativity ... and so good to nose around

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on the mending job ;) And a busy crafter's mess I see :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't you clever! Now, If I'd sewn a patch on my jeans, I'd have swen the legs together....!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Te he well done hun can I have a lesson mines done nothing yet lol
    hope your ok

    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sam
    Oh yur desk looks very much like mine!! Lol I love to work in a mess tho, if I tidy I end up not being able to find anything...
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. You guys make my day by doing this.
Cheers
Sam x