Followers

Friday 12 March 2010

Two cards for today

Good morning everyone, things are now starting to run like clockwork over at OSAAT so I've had time to make a couple of cards (well three actually but one is my DT creation for Sunday so you'll have to wait for that one I'm afraid).
One card is a really girly one using a stamp by CJ who now goes under the name of Cowgirl up stamps, which you can find at Stitchy Bear Stamps, and the other is one I picked up as I am a member of The special 50/50 and is by Kitchen mama (I think - you know me and my names of designers).

This stamp is called Ashtyn and she is so gorgeous (I'm just jealous of her hair really - if I tried doing something like that I'd just look like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards!) This one I have coloured with Artists Pastels (square chalk to me and you) and then blended with a cotton bud (q-tips is what I think you call them over the pond). I've used paper from the big box thats on my table and it's trimcraft or dovecraft (all the same really) and I think the chipboard shapes are from the same design as the paper.

 This one is an image from Kitchen Mama called carrot cake. To make the background on the card base, I just took a little cupcake stamp, (yes a proper stamp I do still remember how to use them) in two colours - the ones I used to colour the card stock behind the main images. Then I took a bit of the foamy stuff - cut n dry is it ? brain drain going on at the minute and coloured the background so it wasn't so "in your face" as it were. I had coloured 4 carrot cupcakes with my watercolour pencils and cut one up and layered it up onto one of the 3 that was left. All simple but I really like the way it's turned out for a change.

I may be back with a couple more cards, it depends on whether I get time to actually make them.
Take care all
Sam x

12 comments:

  1. Oh both great cards, love the both, the girl is so funky & the cupcake is good enough to eat..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Sam, love your style my friend
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My I am actually first to comment here for a change lmao...Hun these are both gorgeous, wow CJ gonna love what you done to Ashtyn, I know I do..and only you can make a cupcake look good enough to eat on here lmao...awesome sweetie, thank you for all you do for me, I be lost without you...
    love & hugz
    stitch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are Gorgeous Sam CJ image is beautiful and you have coloured her perfect chum, love your carrot cupcakes card chum, 2 great makes
    Hugs
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards you made.

    Love the pattern you used on the background of the cake, and the layering.

    Love your diva card too, great papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how fun! i love that carrot in the cupcake! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hon sorry I am so tail end love just love that image I want it I want it Lol Carrot buns are fab too I am not that long back great day but omg so cold!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH! I love my little Ashtyn....you did and aAWESOME job....thank you so much for using her....i love the cupcakes...they look good enough to eat....and STITCH is right.....
    BIG hugs
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. merci pour ta visite sur mon blog et ton très gentil commentaire, tes créations sont juste superbe amitié

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sam, your cards are fab. It took over a minute for your blog to upload. Thought it wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hunny these are gorjus love those images and your designs and colurs you have used are brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. You guys make my day by doing this.
Cheers
Sam x