Followers

Sunday 21 March 2010

Vintage challenge at OSAAT

Well there is another week gone but at least I feel like I've had a fairly productive week for a change and it's that time of week again. It's challenge time at OSAAT and we have yet another fantastic sponsor in the form of June and Dezinaworld. June has a fabulous range of vintage images and I believe there is even papers there too (I'm so bad I haven't been there for ages - slap wrists for me!). And if that isn't a big enough hint along with the title hehehe then I'll just say it again for good measure - we have a vintage challenge going on this week.
I've made a 4x4 with Junes gorgeous 1897 cupid. I do have some vintage stuff but I also struggle with it so it doesn't get taken out of it's packaging very often but this time, as soon as I decided to do a 4x4 it just went together like bread and butter with a smidging of jam.

I took some card that I have and cut it to 4 inches square. Then I inked it with my Whispers archival ink pads and put some clear embossing powder over it and then put my heat gun over it so that I got a stippled effect. Next I attached some lace that a buddy sent me in a RAK some time ago now. I had already printed the image out 3 times with the intent of decoupaging it. I cut around the edge with my trusty deckle edged scissors and stuck the bottom one on to some blacky gold cardstock from my stash. Then I set to the decoupage part by cutting out the elements that I wanted and then used my silicone glue to put it all together. I mounted the completed image on some foam tape and stuck it on at a squiffy angle....oooo hark at me getting all technical hahahaha. I found some of my lovely vintage charms and my beads, put that all together and attached with a brad. Then I put some dimensional stickers (which I found buried in my stash at the same time as the charms) on the corners.
Wow - I don't remember the last time I waffled like that, amazing what happens when things fall into place.
Take care now and I hope to see you in our challenge this week.
Sam x

9 comments:

  1. Sam! Fall into place it did wonderful wonderful card I do love it and the large charm thingy with beads is to DIE for hun Love this card so much I do love vintage as you know but I don't like stamping but I love how you have done that background it may encourage me to buy somm mmm spending money again I am good at that!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Sam, and what you have done with the clear embossing powder on here fabulous detail chum,
    Hugs
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! gorgeous! love the jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Huni, I love this little card..this is the image that I too would have picked, it's absolutely gorgeous...You da bomb girl, have I told you that lately, well if I haven't, my bad...just love this...

    hugz
    stitch xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just brilliant hun love it so much great effect with the embossing too hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card hun, love how you have decoupaged the image and the lace finishes it off wonderfully :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card - it has a beautiful vintage feel to it - fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sam! I love your decoupage and all the elements in your card.
    Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sam, I love this! I have those dangly charm things too and I never figured out a way to ue them, but you've inspired me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. You guys make my day by doing this.
Cheers
Sam x