Followers

Monday 28 June 2010

Tandem Birthday card commission

My MIL asked me to make this card (bless her she's basically my only customer along with my FIL) for her very good friend who has had a tough time of it recently. My MIL has known her since they were 11 and as they are now both just over 60 (I'm far too polite to reveal their age...now if they were my mates it would be a different matter), they have known each other for some time and she wanted this reflected in the card. Apparently her friend used to do a lot of cycling and somehow a tandem bicycle came into their conversation, so my MIL thought it would be a good subject for the card. Now I thought this was a bit wacky - until I looked for pics on google. OMG!!! there are wedding invites and all sorts out there....I missed a trick there you know.
Anyway, here is the finished card and I have used some of my good buddy Susans "Fragrant Mint" paper pack ... which you can purchase via the following link http://stitchybearstamps.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_79.... well actually you'll see all of her paper packs through that link, but they are all so gorgeous it's well worth checking them out.

Oh yeah Susan goes under the name of Crafty Chaos when she's not making fab DT cards for us over at OSAAT.
Okay I'm off to cut some more stuff out for the rest of this evening after I have got the washing in, it's too hot to do anything else.
Take care
Sam x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sam this is one super card I love that image and the gorgeous papers your MIL is gonna love this so much.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hun love this card,and susans papers are perfect with the image love it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an unusual request! I'd be panicking but you've really executed it brilliantly :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. You guys make my day by doing this.
Cheers
Sam x