Followers

Tuesday 2 August 2011

A couple of bits to show you quickly tonight

And tomorrow I'll have a couple of cards to show you too, but on with the bits I have for you tonight.
Well today I dug out my hot glue gun as I felt it needed a little bit of loving - I haven't used it since I left Jem Packaging a couple of years ago! Now I hear you say, what on earth did you need to use that for, they're evil and burn you at the earliest possibility. This normally is very true, but she was on her best behaviour today, maybe because I let her out of her box and gave her a new glue stick...who knows, but I didn't get burnt or get glue all over myself. Anyway I digress, the reason I got her out was to customise my daughters watch and give it a new lease of life. The strap had broken on it so she couldn't use it unless she was wearing something with pockets so I had a thought, "I'll turn it into a nurses fob watch!" So I dug out so pink ribbon and a brooch back and wrapped and stuck it all together. Then I glued some fabric flowers on it and a rescued gem (from an old item of clothing) and I ended up with this....

I'm very pleased with it and so is my daughter. Might see if I can get some watch faces on their own from the jewellery section and make a few to pop in my Folksy and Etsy stores ... and my webby too!

Secondly is a new ACEO that I made today. I think it's pretty self explanitary on what I have done here but I'll tell you anyway. I've stamped onto mirriboard with Staz-on, then stamped a rose onto some arty farty paper and trimmed as close as I could so I left a border around it. Then I colour tinted it with my whisper pens, stuck it to the mirriboard and wrapped some string around it lengthways. Lastly I stamped L♥VE onto some shrink plastic and then stuck that down the top right hand side of the card and voila ... my Love Rose ACEO.

Right thats me for the night and it's Wednesday tomorrow and that means WOYWW and you get to see the aftermath of all my fun today lol
Ta-ra for now
Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. You guys make my day by doing this.
Cheers
Sam x